Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Perfect song for the moment - 2007 version

We each decided to post our best of 2007 because obviously we are a bunch of hacks and there is no definitive answer as to the best music. What one person thinks is great music, another one might say "Yeah, I am pretty sure I could get stoned and make a song on a computer that would sound as good or better than that."
Regardless - I am probably the least musically educated of the group here, so you can call these the "everyman" picks. I am strongly influenced by where I am, what I am doing and with whom I listen to music. I have included my favorite song from each album in case you want to check it out.

Alphabetical by artist:

Aesop Rock - None Shall Pass - None Shall Pass
Arcade Fire - Neon Bible - Intervention
Daft Punk - Alive 2007 - Touch It/Technologic
The Good the Bad and the Queen - The Good the Bad and the Queen - Northern Whale
Gorillaz - D Sides - Highway (Under Construction)
Jose Gonzales - In Our Nature - Cycling Trivialities
Justice - Cross - D.A.N.C.E.
Kanye West - Graduation - Stronger
LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver - Someone Great
The White Stripes - Icky Thump - I'm Slowly Turning Into You

1 comment:

Monty! said...

I must say I disagree with Intervention. Although a ridiculously good song, I feel "The Well and the Lighthouse" is the best song on Neon Bible.